Five Characteristics Of A Great Team
Teams are popular in many business organizations and have proven successful in improving process and cutting costs. Businesses can build great teams by helping to develop five characteristics of great teams.
These characteristics that held by the best teams are indicated by use of roles, displaying of attitudes and behaviors towards their work and one another. How the members work together in a group, deal with conflict, and how they work individually on team assignments are also indicators of a good work team.
A great team will have:
1. Members sharing leadership responsibility and rotating other roles as needed.
2. All participating in idea generation, problem solving, and decision-making.
3. Members showing support, respect, and trust for one another.
4. All taking actions and doing work that is necessary to reach team goals.
5. Members managing conflict by confronting issues and inappropriate behaviors.
The best teams display these characteristics in their roles, attitudes, behaviors, and working as group and dedicated individuals. Team members need to help each other work towards developing these characteristics to build their continued work ethic and skills. As teams continue to grow in popularity within business, understanding and using the five characteristics of great teams may help teams and organization measure their success in team development.